- Foster dialogue and learning about optics though a monthly journal club with graduate students at Princeton University.
- Prepare students for conferences and the workplace though workshops for professional development.
- Pursue engineering solutions for challenges through team optical engineering projects.
- Network with local industry and communities to provide opportunities for collaborations and professional opportunities for students in the future.
- Continue outreach events at Princeton and in the community. (Participating in existing programs such as Young Women’s Conference held by PPPL and YSAP held by MIRTHE+. Bridge new connections with local public schools to excite young scholars about optics and pursing careers in STEM).
Events and Activities:
- July 2017: The OSA Student Chapter journal club meeting.
MIRTHE alumni, Sabbir Liakat, currently a scientist at Princeton Identity, Inc., led the meeting and spoke about using optics for biometric identification. See Abstract of his talk and photos from the meeting.
- June 2017: The OSA Student Chapter held first student journal club at Princeton.