A primary mission and goal of PRISM is to stimulate interaction and collaboration with industry, government and academic institutions throughout the world. An output of a joint research effort in the PRISM focused areas of quantum materials and devices, large area materials and electronics, photonics and sensors, and the nano/bio interface is to maximize its impact on society and business. This objective is met by the rapid exchange of ideas, people, and scientific tools and methods.
- Creation of an entrepreneurial environment.
- Promoting the development of new materials science.
- Technological innovation at the non-traditional intersection of several disciplines leading to the rapid and timely technology transfer and commercial application of emerging technologies.
- Developing technology driven innovative business models for "first on the street" products.
How To Work With PRISM
PRISM has established collaboration paths to provide flexibility in how work can be accomplished. This spans the range of:
- Joint development agreements and long term partnerships.
- The rapid exchange of ideas, people, and scientific tools and methods.
- Timely handling of intellectual property. PRISM works closely with the University Office of Technology Licensing to strive towards a win-win scenario for all organizations involved in the joint endeavor.
- Interaction with School of Engineering Applied Science Entrepreneur-in-Residence resources.
Such interaction transfers our ideas to the external community and brings their long term challenges and new scientific capabilities to us.
In addition to sponsored research projects and technology licensing arrangements facilitated by PRISM, industry, government, and other academic sponsors are encouraged to become members of the PRISM Affiliates Program. This program provides full scale utilization of two state-of-the-art multidisciplinary multi-user facilities. The Micro/Nano Fabrication Lab (MNFL) and the Imaging and Analysis Center (IAC). Membership also provides access to Princeton's world class education instruction environment and distinguished faculty.
The most effective way to work with PRISM is through the PRISM Affiliates Program which facilitates direct access to the research programs of PRISM faculty, access to PRISM multi-user facilities, short courses, and appointment of industry researchers as Princeton Visiting Research Collaborators.